State University of New York at Buffalo
Master’s Degree in Social Work-BA/MSW May 2006
Concentration: Health, Mental Health and Disability Social Work
Latin Honors – Summa Cum Laude
Faculty Field Liaison August 2014 – Present
George Mason University
- Serve as field liaison and practicum instructor for ten 2nd year clinical concentration MSW students.
- Facilitate process class including providing guidance and feedback on use of clinical skills through classroom discussion and review of process recordings.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with community-based organizations where MSW interns are placed and, when needed, responding to concerns that impact the learning experience.
Director of Behavioral Health Services May 2014 – Present
Previously, Coordinator of Behavioral Health Services August 2011 – April 2014
Student Support Center
- Support schools in their development of highly functioning behavioral health programs – including use of evidence-based universal SEL programming, support/coaching for Student Support Teams, creating effective referral and documentation protocols, and implementation of quality improvement/assurance plans.
- Directly supervise three school-based coordinators and oversee programming in partnership with DHS and DCPS for the New Heights II program for expectant and parenting students.
- Train and support designated school-based Homeless Liaisons; co-facilitate trainings with OSSE on the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance program
- Conduct staff trainings on mandatory reporting requirements and assist in the development of school-wide policies for reporting.
- Co-facilitate Signs of Suicide and QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) suicide prevention programs to students and staff members with school counselors and Department of Behavioral Health; assist in the development of school-wide policy around crisis intervention.
- Manage DC School-Based Mental Health Google Group online forum
- Partner with Neediest Kids through the Bridge to Success program to provide charter school students basic resources.
- Responsible for update of SSC Community Resource Guide.
- Served on committees for city-wide initiatives with partners including GLSEN (Gay, Lesbian, Straight Education Network), the Department of Behavioral Health, OSSE (Office of the State Superintendent of Education), and the DC BHA (Behavioral Health Association).
- Assist with program development and grant writing activities.
- Provide clinical supervision to social work staff at Apple Tree Early Learning PCS and Cesar Chavez Prep campuses on contract basis.
- Serve as a field educator for MSW students in partnership with local charter schools.
School Social Worker August 2007 – July 2011
St. Coletta Special Education Public Charter School
- Conducted individual and group counseling sessions to address IEP goals and objectives.
- Supported students, teachers, and families during crisis situations.
- Provided “Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect” training monthly to new hires.
- Provided several trainings to both staff and parents including “Addressing Social Skills in the Classroom” and “Involving Your Friends and Family in Your Child’s Life”.
- Participated in school’s Curriculum Committee and Parent Education Committee.
- Served as the school’s Homeless Liaison, linking identified students with services through OSSE.
- Served as field educator for first and second year MSW students.
- Received Professional Focus Award, recognizing professionals for supporting the mission of St. Coletta, 2008.
Functional Family Therapist May 2006 – July 2007
Child and Adolescent Treatment Services Buffalo, New York
- Trained in evidence-based model – Functional Family Therapy – including classroom training sessions, weekly consultation and team supervision.
- Worked in collaboration with Erie County Department of Probation and Youth Detention Services to serve youth 12-18 involved in the juvenile justice system and their families.
- Participated in child-family team meetings to coordinate treatment of families involved in wrap-around services.
- Regularly conducted on-site treatment sessions at local facilities including Hopevale Non-Secure Detention Facility, Refuge Temple and East Ferry Secure Detention Facility.
Early Intervention Specialist February 2007- July 2007
Personal Care Therapeutics Buffalo, New York
- Conducted sessions with youth ages three to five years old using play therapy techniques.
- Required understanding of early childhood development and human behavior, as well as the ability to create individualized treatment plans.
- Conducted parent training sessions for parents with youth ages zero to three years old.
Affiliations and Additional Training
- Attended Clinical Supervision: Tools and Techniques for Success training, 2015
- Participated on DC Blueprint for Mental Health in Schools Team (BMHST) and System of Care (SOC) Management and Implementation Teams, 2013-2014
- Completed Mental Health Responder Certification Training Program through the DC Department of Behavioral Health, 2012-2013
- Founding member and Vice President, School Social Work Association – DC Chapter, 2013 – present
- Co-presented at CSMH Annual Conference, Systems Building to Improve Mental Health Services in Schools: Considerations for Effective Service Delivery, 2013
- Certified as trainer for QPR – Question, Persuade, Refer Suicide Prevention program, 2012
- Certified GLSEN (Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network) PD facilitator, 2012